Thursday 7 July 2011

Mustard on your plate

Some plates were made to eat off, others were made to just admire and these are certainly the latter. In very on-trend yellow and the same colour as the mustard tones in my living room, I am certainly a fan of Mini Moderns 'Festival' tableware, which is imminently due to launch on minimoderns.com. In conjunction with homeware brand Magpie, Mini Moderns has created a collection of mix and match tableware in celebration of the Festival of Britain's 60th anniversary.

This range is an extension of the already popular 'Festival' wallpaper, the design of which features highlights from the 1951 Festival of Britain exhibition. Geometric shapes are the backdrop to abstract representations of the iconic buildings such as the Royal Festival Hall, Skylon and the Dome of Discovery.

The range includes mugs, plates, cups and saucers and prices start at £7.50 for a mug. I think I may have to have a few of the plates to hang on the wall, maybe I'll have a mug too so I can sit back with a cuppa and admire them!

Mix up the yellow & grey palette

The iconic 'Festival' wallpaper in concrete

No comments:

Post a Comment