Tuesday 8 May 2012

In good architectural company

Yippee, I hadn't realised that the barometer had changed, so my chunky boots and windstopper jacket look was somewhat out of place for this afternoon's brisk creative recharge along the seafront.N'er mind. Dare I ask whether we have now finally reached the start of warmer days?

Upon my return I thought I'd best catch up on the ever growing pile of interiors mags that require my perusal so have just spent a while on the first one, which was Grand Designs 100th issue. Packed full of top 10's, one of which was 10 best architects.


Now, I already know that Stan Bolt has a unique approach, crafting site specific work generally within the South West, so I was delighted to read that they are one of Grand Design's top 10 in the UK.

Last year I was lucky to work with a client who had their house in East Devon designed and crafted by Stan Bolt. Upon completion, I designed the interior of the main bedroom and the two guest bedrooms, which were created to reflect the contemporary design of the property. The next stage of the project, which is to design the main open-plan living space is yet to be started, but once the whole project is complete I look forward to sharing photos of it all with you. In the meantime here are a few stunning examples of some of Stan Bolt's work within our local area.

Battery Hill, Salcombe

Battery Hill, Salcombe

 This is what Grand Designs magazine had to say about Stan Bolt;
"Perhaps the most celebrated name in the South West, Stan Bolt's seaside projects are easy to fall in love with, capturing the very best of the views and location.  There's nothing in the least bit homogenous about its productions; rather, each of the practice's designs is a specific and considered response to the unique demands of its site." GD magazine June 2012.

Kaywana Hall, Kingswear

Manscombe Road, Torquay

 And here's a taster of the kind of  furniture I chose for the bedrooms of the house in East Devon...

Alf Linea wall hung bed
Lago NOW wardrobe

Jesse Plan bedroom furniture

Needless to say, if you are looking to commission an architect in the South West and want something entirely unique and contemporary get in touch with them. Be warned, they are only a team of six and work on about a couple of projects a year so you may have to wait a while, but it'll be worth it.

www.homerestyler.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Great looking places Katey, just shows what a bit of sunshine will bring out! Keep 'em coming. Perhaps we'll have to move nearer!

    ReplyDelete